You can add license keys and generate a license usage report. The usage report is a file in CSV format.
The following non-evaluation NSX-T Data Center license types are available:
- Enterprise Plus
When you install NSX Manager, a pre-installed evaluation license becomes active and is valid for 60 days. The evaluation license provides all the features of an enterprise license. You cannot install or unassign an evaluation license.
You can install one or more of the non-evaluation licenses, but for each type, you can only install one key. When you install a standard, advanced, or enterprise license, the evaluation license is no longer available. You can also unassign non-evaluation licenses. If you unassign all non-evaluation licenses, the evaluation license is restored.
If you have multiple keys of the same license type and want to combine the keys, you must go to https://my.vmware.com and use the Combine Keys functionality. The NSX Manager UI does not provide this functionality.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Select .
- Enter a license key.
- To generate a license usage report, select
. The CSV report lists the VM, CPU, unique concurrent user, and vCPU usage numbers of the following features:
- Switching and Routing
- NSX Edge load balancer
- Context Aware Micro-Segmentation - Application identification
- Context Aware Micro-Segmentation - Identity firewall for remote desktop session host
- Service Insertion
- Identity Firewall
- Enhanced Guest Introspection