LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) server configuration and functionality is only for use with Identity Firewall.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Navigate to .
- Select the LDAP Server tab.
- Click Add LDAP Server .
- Enter the Host name of the LDAP server.
- Select the active directory the LDAP server is connected to from the Connected to (Directory) drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Select the protocol: LDAP (unsecured) or LDAPS (secured).
- The default LDAP port 389 and LDAPs port 636 are used for the Active Directory sync, and should not be edited from the default values. Custom ports are not supported.
- Enter the username and password of an Active Directory account with a minimum of read-only access to the Active Directory domain.
- Click Save.
- To verify that you can connect to the LDAP server, click Test Connection.