After preparing a host as a transport node, you can make changes to the current migration configuration of VMkernel adapters and physical adapters.
- Ensure that the host has at least one free physical adapter.
- Ensure that VMkernel adapters and port groups exist on the host.
- From a browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Go to System > Fabric > Host Transport Nodes.
- Select a transport node and click Actions > Migrate ESX VMkernel and Physical Adapters.
- In the Migrate ESX VMkernel and Physical Adapters, enter the following details.
DirectionMake a selection:
Migrate to Logical Switches: To migrate VMkernel adapters from a VSS or VDS switch to an N-VDS switch in NSX-T Data Center.
- Migrate to Port Groups: To migrate VMkernel adapters from an N-VDS switch to a VSS or VDS switch.
Select the switch from which you want to migrate the VMkernel adapters and physical adapters. You can select from the available switches.
Select VMkernel Adapters to Migrate
Click Add to enter the VMkernel adapter name and select destination as a logical switch or port group depending on where you want to migrate to.
Edit Physical Adapters in N-VDS
Click Add to enter the physical adapter name and map it to an uplink on the host switch.
- Click Save to begin migration of VMkernel adapters and physical adapters.
The updated VMkernel adapters and physical adapters are migrated to the N-VDS switch or revert migrated to the VSS or VDS switch in the ESXi host.