If you have a vCenter Server cluster, you can automate the installation and creation of transport nodes on all the NSX-T Data Center hosts in single or multiple clusters instead of configuring manually.
If the transport node is already configured, then automated transport node creation is not applicable for that node.
- From a browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Select .
- From the Managed drop-down menu, select an existing compute manager.
- Select a cluster and click Configure NSX.
- Select the transport node profile from the drop-down menu and click Save.
NSX-T Data Center installation and transport node creation on each host in the cluster starts in parallel. The entire process depends on the number of hosts in the cluster.
- (Optional) View the ESXi connection status.
# esxcli network ip connection list | grep 1235 tcp 0 0 192.168.210.53:20514 192.168.110.34:1234 ESTABLISHED 1000144459 newreno netcpa
- From the Host Transport Node page, verify that the NSX Manager connectivity status of hosts in the cluster is Up and NSX-T Data Center configuration state is Success.
You can also see that the transport zone is applied to the hosts in the cluster.
- (Optional) Remove an NSX-T Data Center installation and transport node from a host in the cluster.
- Select a cluster and click Actions > Detach TN Profile to detach the applied NSX-T Data Center configuration from the cluster.
- Select one or more hosts and click .
The uninstallation takes up to three minutes. Uninstallation of NSX-T Data Center removes the transport node configuration on hosts and the host is detached from the transport zone(s) and N-VDS switch. Any new host added to the vCenter Server cluster will not be automatically configured until the transport node profile is reapplied to the cluster.
- Detach a transport node profile applied to a cluster. The NSX-T Data Center configuration applied to the hosts is removed.
- Select a cluster and click .
- Select one or more hosts and click NSX-T Data Center configuration. to detach the applied
The transport node profile is detached from the cluster. However, the host continues to be attached to the transport zone and N-VDS switch.
What to do next
Create a logical switch and assign logical ports. See the Advanced Switching section in the NSX-T Data Center Administration Guide.