If you have a vCenter Server, you can automate the installation and creation of transport nodes on all the NSX-T Data Center hosts instead of configuring manually.
If the transport node is already configured, then automated transport node creation is not applicable for that node.
- From a browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Select .
- From the Managed By drop-down menu, select an existing vCenter Server.
The page lists the available vSphere clusters and/or ESXi hosts from the selected vCenter Server. You may need to expand a cluster to view the ESXi hosts.
- Select a single host from the list and click Configure NSX.
The Configure NSX dialog box opens.
- Verify the host name in the Host Details panel. Optionally, you can add a description.
- Click Next to move to the Configure NSX panel.
- Select the available transport zones and click the > button to include the transport zones in the transport node profile.
- Verify the host name in the Host Details panel, and click Next.
Optionally, you can add a description.
- In the Configure NSX panel, select the desired transport zones.
You can select more than one transport zone.
- (Optional) View the ESXi connection status.
# esxcli network ip connection list | grep 1235 tcp 0 0 192.168.210.53:20514 192.168.110.34:1234 ESTABLISHED 1000144459 newreno netcpa
- From the Host Transport Node page, verify that the NSX Manager connectivity status of hosts in the cluster is Up and NSX-T Data Center configuration state is Success.
You can also see that the transport zone is applied to the hosts in the cluster.
- (Optional) Remove an NSX-T Data Center installation and transport node from a host in the transport zone.
The uninstallation takes up to three minutes. Uninstallation of NSX-T Data Center removes the transport node configuration on hosts and the host is detached from the transport zone(s) and N-VDS switch. Any new host added to the vCenter Server cluster will not be automatically configured until the transport node profile is reapplied to the cluster.
- Select one or more hosts and click .
- (Optional) Remove a transport node from the transport zone.
- Select a single transport node and click .
What to do next
Create a logical switch and assign logical ports. See the Advanced Switching section in the NSX-T Data Center Administration Guide.