Joining NSX Edges with the management plane ensures that the NSX Manager and NSX Edges can communicate with each other.
Verify that you have admin privileges to log in to the NSX Edges and NSX Manager appliance.
- Open an SSH session to the NSX Manager appliance.
- Open an SSH session to the NSX Edge.
- On the NSX Manager appliance, run the get certificate api thumbprint command.
The command output is a string of alphanumeric numbers that is unique to this NSX Manager.For example:
NSX-Manager1> get certificate api thumbprint ...
- On the NSX Edge, run the join management-plane command.
Provide the following information:
- Hostname or IP address of the NSX Manager with an optional port number
- Username of the NSX Manager
- Certificate thumbprint of the NSX Manager
- Password of the NSX Manager
NSX-Edge1> join management-plane NSX-Manager1 username admin thumbprint <NSX-Manager1's-thumbprint> Password for API user: <NSX-Manager1's-password> Node successfully registered and Edge restarted
Repeat this command on each NSX Edge node.
- Verify the result by running the get managers command on your NSX Edges.
nsx-edge-1> get managers - 192.168.110.47 Connected
- In the NSX Manager UI, select page.
The NSX Manager connectivity should be Up. If NSX Manager connectivity is not Up, try refreshing the browser window.
What to do next
Add the NSX Edge as a transport node. See Create an NSX Edge Transport Node.