Joining the NSX Manager to form a cluster using CLI ensures that all the NSX Manager nodes in cluster can communicate with each other.
The installation of NSX-T Data Center components must be complete.
- Open an SSH session to the first deployed NSX Manager node.
- Log in with the administrator credentials.
- On the NSX Manager node, run the get certificate api thumbprint command.
The command output is a string of numbers that is unique to this NSX Manager.
- Run the get cluster config command to get the first deployed NSX Manager cluster ID.
- Add a NSX Manager node to the cluster.
Note: You must run the join command on the newly deployed NSX Manager node.
Provide the followingNSX Manager information:
- Hostname or IP address node that you want to join
- Cluster ID
- User name
- Certificate thumbprint
You can use the CLI command or API call.
The joining and cluster stabilizing process might 10-15 minutes.
- CLI command
host> join <NSX-Manager-IP> cluster-id <cluster-id> username<NSX-Manager-username> password<NSX-Manager-password> thumbprint <NSX-Manager1's-thumbprint>
- API call POST https://<nsx-mgr>/api/v1/cluster?action=join_cluster
- Add the third NSX Manager node to the cluster.
Repeat step 5.
- Verify the cluster status by running the get cluster status command on your hosts.
- Select and verify the cluster connectivity.
What to do next
Create a transport zone. See Create a Standalone Host or Bare Metal Server Transport Node.