Before you install an NSX Manager, make sure that your environment meets the supported requirements.
Hypervisor Host Requirements for Transport Nodes
|vSphere||Supported vSphere version||4||16 GB|
|CentOS Linux KVM||7.4||4||16 GB|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) KVM||7.6, 7.5, and 7.4||4||16 GB|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server KVM||12 SP3, SP4||4||16 GB|
|Ubuntu KVM||18.04 and 16.04.2 LTS||4||16 GB|
|ESXi||For supported hosts, see the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices.|
|KVM||RHEL 7.4 and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS|
For ESXi hosts, NSX-T Data Center supports the Host Profiles and Auto Deploy features on vSphere 6.7 U1 or later. See Understanding vSphere Auto Deploy in the VMware ESXi Installation and Setup documentation for more information.
Hypervisor Host Network Requirements
- Under I/O Device Type, select Network.
- Optionally, to use supported GENEVE encapsulation, under Features, select the GENEVE options.
- Optionally, to use Enhanced Data Path, select N-VDS Enhanced Data Path.
Enhanced Data Path NIC Drivers
Download the supported NIC drivers from the My VMware page.
|NIC Card||NIC Driver|
Intel(R) Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+
Intel(R) Ethernet Controller XL710 for 40GbE QSFP+
NSX Manager VM Resource Requirements
Thin virtual disk size is 3.8 GB and thick virtual disk size is 200 GB.
|Appliance Size||Memory||vCPU||Disk Space||VM Hardware Version|
|NSX Manager Extra Small||8 GB||2||200 GB||10 or later|
|NSX Manager Small VM||16 GB||4||200 GB||10 or later|
|NSX Manager Medium VM||24 GB||6||200 GB||10 or later|
|NSX Manager Large VM||48 GB||12||200 GB||10 or later|
The NSX Manager Extra Small VM resource requirements apply only to the Cloud Service Manager.
The NSX Manager Small VM appliance size is suitable for lab and proof-of-concept deployments, and must not be used in production.
The NSX Manager Medium VM appliance size is suitable for typical production environments and can support up to 64 hypervisors.
The NSX Manager Large VM appliance size is suitable for large-scale deployments with more than 64 hypervisors.
For maximum scale using the NSX Manager Large VM appliance size, go to the VMware Configuration Maximums tool at https://configmax.vmware.com/guest and select NSX-T Data Center from the product list.
NSX Manager Browser Support
The following browsers are recommended for working with NSX Manager.
|Browser||Windows 10||Mac OS X 10.13, 10.14||Ubuntu 18.04|
|Google Chrome 76||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mozilla Firefox 68||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Microsoft Edge 44||Yes|
|Apple Safari 12||Yes|
- Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Supported Browser minimum resolution is 1280 x 800 px.
- Language support: NSX Manager has been localized into multiple languages: English, German, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Spanish. However, because NSX Manager localization uses the browser language settings, ensure that your settings match the desired language. There is no language preference setting within the NSX Manager interface itself.
Network Latency Requirements
The maximum network latency between NSX Managers in a NSX Manager cluster is 10ms.
The maximum network latency between NSX Managers and Transport Nodes is 150ms.
- The maximum disk access latency is under 10ms.
- It is recommended that NSX Managers be placed on shared storage.
- Storage should be highly available to avoid a storage outage causing all NSX Manager file systems to be placed into read-only mode upon event of a storage failure.
Consult the documentation for your storage technology on how to best design a highly available storage solution.