You can create a custom port mirroring switching profile with a different destination and key value.
- Familiarize yourself with the port mirroring switching profile concept. See Understanding Port Mirroring Switching Profile.
- Identify the IP address of the destination logical port ID you want to redirect network traffic to.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Select Port Mirroring and complete the port mirroring switching profile details.
Option Description Name and Description
Assign a name to the custom port mirroring switching profile.
You can optionally describe the setting you modified to customize this profile.
Select an option from the drop-down menu to use this source for Ingress, Egress, or Bidirectional traffic.
Ingress is the outbound network traffic from the VM to the logical network.
Egress is the inbound network traffic from the logical network to the VM.
Bidirectional is the two-way of traffic from the VM to the logical network and from the logical network to the VM. This is the default option.
Packet Truncation Optional. The range is 60 - 65535. Key
Enter a random 32-bit value to identify mirrored packets from the logical port.
This Key value is copied to the Key field in the GRE header of each mirror packet. If the Key value is set to 0, the default definition is copied to the Key field in the GRE header.
The default 32-bit value is made of the following values.
- The first 24-bit is a VNI value. VNI is part of the IP header of encapsulated frames.
- The 25th bit indicates if the first 24-bit is a valid VNI value. One represents a valid value and zero represents an invalid value.
- The 26th bit indicates the direction of the mirrored traffic. One represents an ingress direction and zero represents an egress direction.
- The remaining six bits are not used.
Enter the destination ID of the collector for the mirroring session.
The destination IP address ID can only be an IPv4 address within the network or a remote IPv4 address not managed by NSX-T Data Center. You can add up to three destination IP addresses separated by a comma.
- Click Save.
A custom port mirroring switching profile appears as a link.
What to do next
Verify that the customized port mirroring switching profile works. See Verify Custom Port Mirroring Switching Profile.