These instructions are for configuring OpenStack consumption of NSX-T Data Center Load Balancer with Octavia.
The same instructions apply both to the NSX-T Policy and NSX-T Manager plugin.
For general information about the Octavia load balancer service please refer to the official documentation.
- In /etc/neutron/neutron.conf, ensure the load balancing service plugin for NSX-T Data Center is not configured, ie: vmware_nsx_lbaasv2 should not be present in the service_plugins list. If any cahnges are done to the neutron.conf file, restart the neutron service
- In the /etc/octavia/octavia.conf specify the following:
- In the [api_settings] configuration setting, specify the NSX-T provider: default_provider_driver = vmwareedge enabled_provider_drivers = vmwareedge:NSX
- In the [oslo_messaging] section, specify a topic for communication between Octavia and the NSX-T driver, which runs in the neutron process space.
- Restart the Octavia API service.