This is the list of operating systems currently supported by NSX Cloud for your workload VMs in the NSX Enforced Mode.
Currently, the following operating systems are supported:
Note: See the NSX Cloud Known Issues section in the NSX-T Data Center Release Notes for exceptions. For supported operating systems it is assumed that you are using the standard Linux kernel versions. Public cloud marketplace images with custom kernels, for example, upstream Linux kernel with modified sources, are not supported.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 12 SP3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6
- CentOS 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6
Note: RHEL Extended Update Support (EUS) kernel in RHEL and CentOS are not supported.Note: Only the CentOS marketplace images whose distribution versions match their expected minor kernel versions are supported for NSX Cloud. For example, the distribution versions and their corresponding kernel versions are expected to be as follows:
RHEL version Kernel version RHEL 7.6 3.10.0-957 RHEL 7.5 3.10.0-862 RHEL 7.4 3.10.0-693 RHEL 7.3 3.10.0-514 RHEL 7.2 3.10.0-327
- Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 - Service based release, Desktop experience(1709, 1803, 1809)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Datacenter
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows 10 versions 1809, 1803, 1709 (only supported in Microsoft Azure in the current NSX Cloud release)