After partners register network services such as Intrusion Detection System or Intrusion Protection System (IDS/IPS) with NSX-T Data Center, as an administrator you can configure network services to introspect east-west traffic moving between VMs on an on-premises data center.
- Partners must register services with NSX-T Data Center.
- ESXi hosts must be prepared as NSX-T Data Center transport nodes by using transport node profiles.
- Service VMs are only supported on ESXi hosts and not supported on KVM hosts.
- NSX-T Data Center only protects guest VMs running on ESXi hosts.
- NSX-T Data Center does not protect guest VMs running on KVM hosts.