You can monitor an NSX Edge node's usage of resources such as CPU, memory, and storage.
- Edge node - Overall alarm count
- CPU - Alarms for Datapath CPU and Service CPUs
- Disk - Overall disk alarms and alarms for each partition
- Memory - Overall memory alarms and alarms for each memory pool
- Datapath CPU - Number of datapath CPU cores and their usage details, which include the average usage of all cores and the highest usage among cores.
- Service CPU - Number of service CPU cores and their usage details, which include the average usage of all cores and highest usage among cores.
- Total disk usage for all ext4 disk partitions and the list of RAM disk and disk partitions. Also the available free space of each partition.
- Datapath Memory - Includes heap memory, memory pool, and resident memory.
- Memory Pools - List of all memory pools along with their description and usage values except for QAT memory pool (of Bare Metal Edge) whose usage is always around 100%. The memory pools are:
Name Description jumbo_mbuf_pool Packet Pool for Jumbo Frame Used by Ipsec Crypto Device common_mbuf_pool Datapath Common Packet Pool sp_pktmbuf_pool Datapath Slowpath Packet Pool fw_mon_msg Stateful Service Sync Message Pool vxstt4_frag_q Vxstt Fragment Pool for Reassembly pfstatepl3 Stateful Service State Pool pffqdnippl Stateful Service FQDN to IP Map Pool pffqdnsyncpl Stateful Service FQDN SYNC Pool pffqdndnpl Stateful Service FQDN Internal Pool pfdnsdnpl Stateful Service FQDN Internal Pool pfpktpl3 Stateful Service Fragmented Packet Pool pfsyncmbufpl3 Stateful Service SYNC Pool pf_fp_rule_node Stateful Service Rule Node Pool pf_fp_root_rule_node Stateful Service Root Rule Node Pool pf_tb_root_rule_node Stateful Service Fastpath Root Table Node Pool pfa_intattr_pl3 Stateful Service Integer Attribute Pool pfa_attrconn_pl3 Stateful Service Attribute Connection Pool pfa_ctx_pl3 Stateful Service Context Pool pfa_key_ace_pl3 Stateful Service Integer Attribute Key Pool pfa_value_ace_pl3 Stateful Service Integer Attribute Value Pool lb_pkt_pl3 Load Balancer Temp Packet Cache Pool
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Select .
- Click the Edge Transport Nodes tab.
- Click the name of an Edge node.
- Click the Monitor tab.
Usage information for CPU, memory, and disk is displayed, as well as the node status, network interfaces, and NAT rule statistics.