Skip this topic if there are no OVS packages on the SUSE host. If OVS packages exist on a SUSE host, you must either remove the existing OVS packages and install the NSX-T supported OVS packages or upgrade the existing OVS packages to NSX-T supported ones.
The supported Open vSwitch version is 2.12.1.xxxxxx.
- Verify the current version of the Open vSwitch installed on the host.
ovs-vswitchd --versionImportant: If the existing Open vSwitch packages run the latest or an earlier version, you must replace the existing Open vSwitch packages with the supported version.
- Verify if there are existing Open vSwitch packages on the host.
rpm -qa | grep openvswitch
- Navigate to the Open vSwitch packages required by NSX-T Data Center.
- Log in to the host as an administrator.
- Download and copy the nsx-lcp file into the /tmp directory.
- Untar the package.
- Navigate to the package directory.
- Verify the Open vSwitch packages in the nsx-lcp bundle.
ls | grep openvswitch
- Delete the Open vSwitch packages.
rpm -e <package1> <package2> <package3>...
- If the Open vSwitch packages are successfully deleted on the host, proceed to the NSX Manager UI to prepare the KVM host as a transport node. If the Open vSwitch packages cannot be deleted, then proceed to the next step.
- If packages cannot be deleted, upgrade the existing Open vSwitch package version with the supported one.
rpm -Uv --replacepkgs --oldpackage *openvswitch*.rpm