As VMs, the NSX Manager, NSX Edges and other appliances, such as the Global Manager, may be configured for having their snapshots taken and stored. However, clones and snapshots of NSX-T appliances are not supported and may cause functionality and unknown other issues. For this reason, it is highly recommended that you disable snapshots of NSX-T appliance VMs.
Perform the following procedure on each NSX-T appliance VM.
- Locate the appliance VMs in the vSphere Client.
- Power down the VM.
- Right-click the VM and select Edit Settings.
- Click the VM Options tab, then expand Advanced.
- In the Configuration Parameters field, click Edit Configuration....
- In the Configuration Parameters window, click Add Configuration Params.
- Enter the following:
- For Name, enter snapshot.MaxSnapshots.
- For Value, enter 0.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Power the VM back on.