Clones and snapshots of NSX appliances, such as NSX Manager, NSX Edge and Global Manager, are not supported. Follow the procedure below to disable snapshots.
Note: Starting with NSX-T Data Center 3.0.1, snapshots are automatically disabled when an NSX appliance is deployed from the NSX Manager GUI. However, if you are running NSX-T Data Center 3.0.0 or if you deploy an NSX appliance manually, for example, using an OVA file, follow the procedure below to disable snapshots.
- Locate the appliance VM in the vSphere Client.
- Power down the VM.
- Right-click the VM and select Edit Settings.
- Click the VM Options tab, then expand Advanced.
- In the Configuration Parameters field, click Edit Configuration....
- In the Configuration Parameters window, click Add Configuration Params.
- Enter the following:
- For Name, enter snapshot.MaxSnapshots.
- For Value, enter 0.
Note: NSX-T Data Center does not support taking snapshot of NSX Manager using functionality provided by vCenter Server. However, you can you take snapshots at your own risk by entering a value greater than zero in the snapshot.MaxSnapshots parameter.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Power the VM back on.