Each location added to the Global Manager automatically becomes a region. You can also create customized regions.
- A Global region including all the locations added to the Global Manager.
- One region for each location added to the Global Manager.
- Name of the region.
- Locations included in the region.
- Groups the region belongs to.
- Security/Network policies the region is a part of.
Refer to Security in NSX Federation for details on the implication of the span of regions and groups in creating and maintaining security policies and rules.
- Select .
- Click Add Region.
- Provide the following information:
Option Description Name Provide a name for the region, for example, EMEA, or APAC. Locations Select the locations that you want to include in this region.
- Click Save.
The region with the specified locations is created.