Set up redirection rules to send traffic to third-party services inserted at a Tier-0 or Tier-1 router.
- Register and deploy third-party services on NSX-T.
- Configure Tier-0 or Tier-1 router.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
.A policy section is similar to a firewall section where you define rules that determine how traffics flows.
- Set Redirection To field for a service instance or a service chain to a Tier-0 or Tier-1 logical router to perform network introspection of traffic flowing between source and destination entities.
- To add a policy, click Publish.
- Click the vertical ellipsis on a section and click Add Rule.
- Edit the Source field to add a group by defining membership criteria, static members, IP/MAC addresses, or active directory groups. Membership criteria can be defined from one of these types: Virtual Machine, Logical Switch, Logical Port, IP Set. You can select static members from one of these categories: Group, Segment, Segment Port, Virtual Network Interface, or Virtual Machine.
- Click Save.
- To add a destination group, edit the Destination field.
- In the Applied To field, you can do one of the following:
- For a service inserted at Tier-0 logical router, select the uplink of Tier-0 router.
- For a service inserted at Tier-1 logical router, you do not need to select any uplinks.
- Each rule can be enabled individually. After you enable a rule, it is applied to the traffic that matches the rule.
- Click Advanced Settings to configure the traffic direction and to enable logging.
- In the Action field, select Redirect to redirect traffic along the service instance or Do Not Redirect not to apply network introspection on the traffic.
- Click Publish.
- To revert a published rule, select a rule and click Revert.
- To add a policy, click + Add Policy.
- To clone a policy or a rule, select the policy or rule and click Clone.
- To enable a rule, enable the Enable/Disable icon or select the rule and from the menu click Enable > Enable Rule.
- After enabling or disabling a rule, click Publish to enforce the rule.