Stating with NSX-T Data Center 3.1.1, version 4 DHCP relay is supported on a VLAN-backed segment through the Service Interface. Only one DHCP v4 relay or service is supported on a segment.
To enable version 4 DHCP relay on a service interface:
- Create an isolated VLAN segment, with no DHCP related configurations such as DHCP-server, server-IP, ranges, or static bindings. See Add a Segment.
- Create a DHCP relay profile. See Add a DHCP Relay Profile .
- Create a service interface on the isolated segment, and configure DHCP type, ranges, options, static bindings, etc, on a Tier-0 or Tier-1 interface.
- Edit a Tier-0 or Tier-1 gateway. The Tier-0 gateway must be Active Standby HA mode.
- Select .
- Select Add Interface. Enter a Name.
- Select Service type.
- Select the VLAN segment from the drop-down Connected To (Segment) list.
- Enter the IP Address and subnet mask.
- Under DHCP relay, select the DHCP relay profile created in step 2, above.
- Click Save.
- Wait for the interface status to change to Success, and click Close.