Load balancer is created and attached to the tier-1 gateway.
You can configure the level of error messages you want the load balancer to add to the error log.
Verify that a tier-1 gateway is configured. See Tier-1 Gateway.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Select .
- Enter a name and a description for the load balancer.
- Select the load balancer size based on your needs of virtual servers and pool members and available resources.
- Select the already configured tier-1 gateway to attach to this load balancer from the drop-down menu.
The tier-1 gateway must be in the Active-Standby mode.
- Define the severity level of the error log from the drop-down menu.
Load balancer collects information about encountered issues of different severity levels to the error log.
- (Optional) Enter tags to make searching easier.
You can specify a tag to set a scope of the tag.
- Click Save.
The load balancer creation and attaching the load balancer to the tier-1 gateway takes about three minutes and the configuration status to appear green and Up.
If the status is Down, click the information icon and resolve the error before you proceed.
- (Optional) Delete the load balancer.
- Detach the load balancer from the virtual server and tier-1 gateway.
- Select the load balancer.
- Click the vertical ellipses button.
- Select Delete.