To create an NSX Edge uplink, you must connect a tier-0 router to a VLAN switch.
The following simple topology shows a VLAN logical switch inside of a VLAN transport zone. The VLAN logical switch has a VLAN ID that matches the VLAN ID on the TOR port for the Edge's VLAN uplink.
Create a VLAN logical switch. See Create a VLAN Logical Switch for the NSX Edge Uplink in Manager Mode.
Create a tier-0 router.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Select .
- Select the tier-0 logical router.
- From the Configuration tab, add a new logical router port.
- Type a name for the port, such as uplink.
- Select the Uplink type.
- Select an edge transport node.
- Select a VLAN logical switch.
- Select either Attach to new switch port or Attach to existing switch port.
If you select Attach to new switch port, the port will be automatically created.
- Specify an IP address that is in the same subnet as the connected port on the TOR switch.
A new uplink port is added for the tier-0 router.
What to do next
Configure BGP or a static route.