You must configure an NSX-T Data Center appliance to display the GRUB menu at boot time if you want to reset the root password of the appliance.
Important: If the configuration is not performed after deploying the appliance and you forget the root password, resetting it is not possible.
- Log in to the VM as root.
- Change the value for the parameter GRUB_TIMEOUT in the /etc/default/grub file.
- (Optional) Generate a new password by running the following command:
- (Optional) Replace the existing GRUB password in the /etc/grub.d/40_custom file.
The default password is VMware1.
- Update the GRUB configuration.