To migrate the Distributed Firewall (DFW) configuration from NSX-v to NSX-T Data Center using the DFW-only mode of the migration coordinator, you must provide details of your NSX-v environment.
The migration coordinator service runs on one NSX-T NSX Manager node.
- The vCenter Server must be added as a compute manager in NSX-T.
You can share the vCenter Server that is used in NSX-v or deploy another one in NSX-T.
- Using SSH, log in as admin to the NSX Manager VM and start the migration coordinator service.
NSX-Manager1> start service migration-coordinator
- From a browser, log in to the NSX Manager node on which you started the migration coordinator service. Log in as admin.
- Navigate to .
- Expand the Advanced Migration Modes section, and in the Distributed Firewall pane, click Get Started.
- From the Import Configuration page, click Select NSX and provide the credentials for vCenter Server and NSX-v.
Note: The drop-down menu for vCenter Server displays all vCenter Server systems that are registered as compute managers. Click Add New if you need to add a compute manager.
- Click Start to import the configuration.
- When the import has finished, click Continue to proceed to the Resolve Configuration page.
When the NSX-v topology is imported successfully, the View Imported Topology link is enabled. Click this link to view a graph of the imported topology. However, the topology viewer does not display the graph of a large scale NSX-v environment. This behavior is a known issue. For example, if your environment contains a large number of hosts, say 250 hosts, the topology viewer does not work.