You must change the default MAC address of the NSX-T virtual distributed router so that it does not use the same MAC address that is used by the Distributed Logical Router (DLR) of NSX-v.
The virtual distributed routers (VDR) in all the transport nodes of an NSX-T environment use the default global MAC address. You can change the global MAC address of the NSX-T VDR by updating the global gateway configuration with the following PUT API:
For a detailed explanation about all the parameters in this global gateway configuration API, see the NSX-T Data Center API Guide.
The default global MAC address is: 02:50:56:56:44:52. For example, you want to change it to 02:50:56:56:44:62.
- Retrieve the output of the global gateway configuration API by running the following GET API:
- Copy and paste the GET API response in a text editor.
- Edit the following two parameter values:
- vdr_mac: 02:50:56:56:44:62
- allow_changing_vdr_mac_in_use: true
Retain the existing values of the other parameters.
- Copy and paste the complete edited API response in the request body of the following PUT API:
- Run the PUT API to change the default global MAC address of the NSX-T VDR.