Before you migrate, you must review the documentation, verify that you have the required software versions, modify your existing NSX-v environment if needed, and deploy the infrastructure for the new NSX-T environment.
Check for the latest version of this guide and the release notes for NSX-T Data Center and migration coordinator. You can find the documentation on this docs.vmware.com portal.
Required Software and Versions
- NSX-v versions 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.8 and later are supported.
- See the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices for required versions of vCenter Server and ESXi.
- The version of ESXi used in your NSX-v environment must be supported by NSX-T.
- vSphere Distributed Switch versions 6.5.0, 6.6.0, and 7.0 are supported.
- The NSX-v environment must match the NSX-T system requirements for ESXi, vCenter Server, and vSphere Distributed Switch.
- If you want to migrate the user roles from NSX-v, you must deploy and configure VMware Identity Manager™. See the VMware Interoperability Matrices for compatible versions. See the VMware Identity Manager documentation for more information.