vSphere ESXi 6.7 supports Receive Side Scaling (RSS) for UDP which provides significant improvement in throughput. Use this feature for workloads that are sensitive to network latency and bandwidth. Update your NSX Edge settings for performance enhancement.
- (Optional) If all your ESXi hosts are upgraded to vSphere 6.7 Update 3, upgrade the hardware version for the NSX Edge virtual machine and skip the remaining steps.
For more information on upgrading VM hardware, see the VMware knowledge base article at https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1010675Note: Do not update the hardware version for NSX Edge VMs if any of your ESXi hosts are not upgraded to vSphere 6.7 Update 3 or later.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client as an administrator, and connect to the ESXi host where your NSX Edge virtual machine (VM) resides.
- Power off the NSX Edge VM.
- Download the <virtual_machine_file>.vmx file from the datastore on the ESXi host.
Create a backup of the .vmx file that you can restore to, if necessary.
- Edit the <virtual_machine_file>.vmx file to add the new property,
udpRSS=1, and save your changes.
- Save a backup of the edited
.vmxfile.If the edited version of your file is overwritten due configuration changes, copy the relevant sections from the backup into the current file. Do not replace the entire
.vmxfile with an older backup.
- Upload the edited <virtual_machine_file>.vmx file to the datastore.
- Power on the NSX Edge VM.