You may see the purple diagnostic screen(PSoD) when upgrading from NSX-T Data Center 2.5.2.
When you run in-place upgrade from NSX-T Data Center 2.5.2, the purple diagnostic screen is displayed.
In-place upgrade from NSX-T Data Center 2.5.2 fails if any of the following features are enabled on the NSX-T Data Center host switch of the ESXi host:
- LACP-based teaming is enabled for uplinks.
- MAC learning is enabled on one or more logical ports.
- NetQueue is enabled on one or more pNICs.
- Use the maintenance mode when upgrading from NSX-T Data Center 2.5.2.
- Disable MAC learning on all the logical ports and logical switches of the host switch.
- Disable NetQueue on all the pNICs of the host switch prior to upgrade. You can then enable NetQueue after upgrade. For more information on disabling NetQueue, see VMware vSphere Documentation.