Before you start using the custom port mirroring switching profile, verify that the customization works properly.
- Verify that the custom port mirroring switching profile is configured. See Configure a Custom Port Mirroring Switching Profile in Manager Mode.
- Verify that the customized port mirroring switching profile is attached to a logical switch. See Associate a Custom Profile with a Logical Switch in Manager Mode.
- Locate two VMs with VIF attachments to the logical port configured for port mirroring.
For example, VM1 10.70.1.1 and VM2 10.70.1.2 have VIF attachments and they are located in the same logical network.
- Run the tcpdump command on a destination IP address.
sudo tcpdump -n -i eth0 dst host destination_IP_addres and proto greFor example, the destination IP address is 10.24.123.196.
- Log in to the first VM and ping the second VM to verify that the corresponding ECHO requests and replies are received at the destination address.
What to do next
Attach this port mirroring customized switching profile to a logical switch so that the modified parameters in the switching profile are applied to the network traffic. See Associate a Custom Profile with a Logical Switch in Manager Mode.