When viewing objects in NSX Manager, you can filter the objects by one or more of their attributes. For example, when viewing details of Tier 0 gateways you can choose to filter by Status and view only those gateways that are Down.
The following types of filters are available:
- Predefined filters – A list of commonly used filters that you can apply to your objects.
- Text-based filter – A filter based on the attribute value that you enter. This filter is applicable only to the Name, Tag, Path, and Description attributes of the objects.
- Attribute-value pairs – An attribute drop-down menu that you can use to specify attribute-value pairs for filtering.
You can either use multiple attributes of an object or multiple values of a single attribute to filter objects. The AND operator is applied when you select multiple attributes whereas the OR operator is used when you specify multiple values of a single attribute.
- From your browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- Navigate to the tab that displays the objects you want to view.
- Specify the attributes that you want to use to filter the objects.
Objects satisfying your filter criteria are displayed.
- Click and select from a list of predefined filters.
- Enter a value for the Name, Tag, Path, or Description attributes.
- Select an attribute from the drop-down menu and specify its value. For example, Status: Down
- (Optional) Click Clear to reset your filters.