You can add a DHCP relay profile to relay the DHCP traffic to remote DHCP servers. The remote or external DHCP servers can be in any subnet, outside the SDDC, or in the physical network.
- With admin privileges, log in to NSX Manager.
- Select .
- Click Add DHCP Profile.
- Enter a unique name to identify the relay profile.
- In the Profile Type drop-down menu, select DHCP Relay.
- (Required) Enter the IP addresses of the remote DHCP servers.
Both DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 servers are supported. You can enter multiple IP addresses. The server IP addresses of the remote DHCP servers must not overlap with the addresses that are used in DHCP ranges and DHCP static binding.The server IP address cannot be any of the following:
- Multicast IP address
- Broadcast IP address
- Loopback IP address
- Unspecified IP address (address with all zeroes)
- (Optional) In the Tag drop-down menu, enter a tag name. When you are done, click Add Item(s).
The maximum length of the tag name is 256 characters.
If tags exist in the inventory, the Tag drop-down menu displays a list of all the available tags and their scope. The list of available tags includes user-defined tags, system-defined tags, and discovered tags. You can select an existing tag from the drop-down menu and add it to the DHCP profile.
- Click Save.