Use the Security Overview dashboard to view the summary-level statistics of file inspections in the NSX-T Data Center.
You can filter the file inspection statistics (file events statistics) on the dashboard for a specific time period. The default time period for each graph on the dashboard is last one hour. Maximum supported time period for each graph is last 14 days.
- Total number of inspected file events, malicious file events, suspicious file events, and blocked files.
- Number of file inspections for different ranges of threat score.
- Top five recently inspected files in the data center sorted by the timestamp.
- Top five malicious files detected in the data center.
- Trend of malicious file events, suspicious file events, and suppressed file events in the data center.
- Distribution of file inspections based on the malware family to which the files belong.
- Breakdown of file inspections by the type of analysis performed (local file analysis, cloud file analysis).
- NSX Malware Prevention feature is activated successfully in the NSX Application Platform.
- NSX Malware Prevention feature is activated on the ESXi host clusters or tier-1 gateways, or both, depending on your security requirements.
- From your browser, log in to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Navigate to
.File events statistics are displayed. By default, all the graphs show statistics for the last one week.
- At the top-right corner of each graph, click the drop-down menu to filter the statistics for the time period that you are interested in.
- Point to the various data points in the graphs to view additional information as tooltips.
- (Optional) Click the linked texts on this dashboard to jump to the other dashboard pages and drill down to the inspection details and history of inspections for specific files.
- Click the Malicious File Events hyperlinked text to jump to the Potential Malware page on the Malware Prevention dashboard.
- Click the Inspected File Events hyperlinked text to jump to the All Files page on the Malware Prevention dashboard.