Follow these instructions to add VMs to the User Managed list or remove them.
You must have one or more public cloud accounts added to CSM.
- Log in to CSM using an Enterprise Admin account and go to your public cloud account.
- If using AWS, go to .
- If using Microsoft Azure, go to .
- If in Tiles mode, switch to Grid mode by clicking the mode selector in the right corner of the instances view.
- Select the VMs (instances) that you want to add to or remove from the User Managed list.
- Click Actions and select either Add to User Managed List or Remove from User Managed List.
- Go back to the Accounts tab, select the account tile and click .
If you remove a VM from the User Managed list in the Native Cloud Enforced Mode or remove an NSX-managed VM from the User Managed list in the NSX Enforced Mode, NSX Cloud starts assigning security groups to that VM depending on its state.