Clones and snapshots of NSX appliances, such as NSX Manager, NSX Edge and Global Manager, are not supported. Follow the procedure below to disable snapshots.
Note: Starting with NSX-T Data Center 3.0.1, snapshots are automatically disabled when an NSX appliance is deployed from the NSX Manager GUI. However, if you deploy an NSX appliance manually, for example, using an OVA file, follow the procedure below to disable snapshots.
- Locate the appliance VM in the vSphere Client.
- Power down the VM.
- Right-click the VM and select Edit Settings.
- Click the VM Options tab, then expand Advanced.
- In the Configuration Parameters field, click Edit Configuration....
- In the Configuration Parameters window, click Add Configuration Params.
- Enter the following:
- For Name, enter snapshot.MaxSnapshots.
- For Value, enter 0.
Note: NSX-T Data Center does not support taking snapshots of NSX Manager. However, if you still want to take snapshots, enter a value other than zero in the snapshot.MaxSnapshots to take those many snapshots.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Power the VM back on.