You can configure how your users view the NSX-T Data Center user interface. These settings are valid for NSX Managers, and in NSX Federation 3.2, for Global Managers and Local Managers.
Prior to 3.2, users could access two possible modes in the user interface: Policy and Manager. You can control which mode is default, and whether users can switch between them using the user interface mode buttons. The Policy mode is the default. New users of release 3.2 will not see the Manager button.
If present, you can use the Policy and Manager buttons to switch between the Policy and Manager modes. Switching modes controls which menus items are available to you.
- By default, if your environment contains only objects created through Policy mode, your user interface is in Policy mode and you do not see the Policy and Manager buttons.
- By default, if your environment contains any objects created through Manager mode, you see the Policy and Manager buttons in the top-right corner.
You can use the User Interface settings to modify these defaults.
See NSX Manager for more information about the modes.
- With admin privileges, log in to NSX Manager.
- Navigate to .
- Select User Interface and click Edit in the User Interface Mode Toggle pane.
- Modify the user interface settings: Toggle Visibility and Default Mode.
Toggle Visibility Description Visible to All Users If Manager mode objects are present, the mode buttons are visible to all users. Visible to Users with the Enterprise Admin Role If Manager mode objects are present, the mode buttons are visible to users with the Enterprise Admin role. Hidden from All Users Even if Manager mode objects are present, the mode buttons are hidden from all users. This displays Policy mode UI only, even if Manager mode objects are present. Default Mode Can be set to Policy or Manager, if available.