The first step of the migration process is to import the NSX-V configuration.
- The vCenter Server must be added as a compute manager in NSX-T.
You can share the vCenter Server that is used in NSX-V or deploy another one in NSX-T.
- From a browser, log in to NSX Manager as admin.
- Navigate to .
- Expand the Advanced Migration Modes section, and in the Distributed Firewall pane, click Get Started.
- From the Import Configuration page, click Select NSX and provide the credentials for vCenter Server and NSX-V.
Note: The drop-down menu for vCenter Server displays all vCenter Server systems that are registered as compute managers. Click Add New if you need to add a compute manager.
- Click Start to import the configuration.
- When the import has finished, click Continue to proceed to the Resolve Configuration page.
When the NSX-V topology is imported successfully, the View Imported Topology link is enabled. Click this link to view a graph of the imported topology. However, the topology viewer does not display the graph of a large-scale NSX-V environment.