You must join the NSX Edge node VM you created to the management plane.
Do not join the NSX Edge node VM to the management plane using any other method. Do not create transport nodes from the NSX Edge node VM.
- Open an SSH session or console session to the NSX Manager appliance.
- Open an SSH session or console session to the NSX Edge node VM.
- To retrieve the thumbprint of the NSX Manager appliance, at the NSX Manager appliance console, run the get certificate api thumbprint command.
The command output is a string of alphanumeric numbers that is unique to this NSX Manager.For example:
NSX-Manager1> get certificate api thumbprint 659442c1435350edbbc0e87ed5a6980d892b9118f851c17a13ec76a8b985f57
- To join the NSX Manager appliance to the NSX Edge node VM, run the join management-plane command.
Provide the following information:
- Hostname or IP address of the NSX Manager with an optional port number
- User name of the NSX Manager
- Certificate thumbprint of the NSX Manager
- Password of the NSX Manager
NSX-Edge1> join management-plane <Manager-IP> thumbprint <Manager-thumbprint> username admin
Repeat this command on each NSX Edge node VM.
- Verify the result by running the get managers command on your NSX Edge node VMs.
nsx-edge-1> get managers 10.173.161.17 Connected (NSX-RPC)
- In the NSX Manager UI, you can navigate to and see the NSX Edge node. The Configuration State column will display Pending. If you click the name of the Edge node, you will be prompted to configure the node. Do not configure the node. The configuration will occur during the migration.