NSX Manager is the application that you use to administer your NSX-T environment. In a production environment, for fault tolerance, you should deploy a cluster of three NSX Manager nodes, each running on a separate ESXi host.
Deploy the First NSX Manager
The first manager node is deployed through VC's Deploy OVF Template wizard.
- In VC, right click NSX-cluster and select Deploy OVF Template.
- Follow the prompts and provide the following information.
Location of the ova file The location where you downloaded the ova file. Virtual machine name NSX-mgr-1 Location for the VM NSX-cluster Compute resource 192.168.10.11 (ESXi-1's IP address) Deployment configuration Select the size that you determined in the preparation step. Storage Storage-1 Virtual disk format Thin Provision Network 1 PG-mgmt (the management port group used by VC) IP allocation Static Manual IP protocol IPv4 Hostname nsx-mgr-1 Rolename NSX Manager NSX Site Name Site-1 Default IPv4 Gateway 192.168.10.1 Management Network IPv4 Address 192.168.10.14 Management Network Netmask 255.255.255.0 DNS Server list 192.168.38.1 NTP Server list 192.168.38.2
- Wait for the deployment to finish. The Recent Tasks panel at the bottom of the vSphere Client window will indicate when the task is complete.
- Power on the NSX Manager VM.
- Log in to NSX-mgr-1 at https://192.168.10.14.
- Go to Add to add your NSX-T license. and click
- Go to Add to add the VC as a compute manager.
Follow the prompts and provide the following information:
Name VC-1 FQDN or IP Address 192.168.10.10 Username The administrator's login name to the VC. Password The administrator's password.
- Click Add at the warning Thumbprint is Missing.
- Wait until Registration Status is Registered. You can click Refresh to refresh the status.
Deploy NSX Managers 2 and 3
- Go to .
- Click Add NSX Appliance.
- Follow the prompts and provide the following information:.
Hostname nsx-mgr-2 Management IP/Netmask 192.168.10.15/24 Management Gateway 192.168.10.1 DNS Servers 192.168.38.1 NTP Servers 192.168.38.2 Node Size Select the size that you determined in the preparation step. Compute Manager VC-1 Compute Cluster NSX-cluster Host 192.168.10.12 Datastore Storage-1 Virtual Disk Format Thin Provision Network PG-mgmt Enable SSH Make a selection based on your datacenter's policy. Enable Root Access Make a selection based on your datacenter's policy. System Username root Root Password CLI Username admin CLI Password Audit CLI Username audit Audit CLI password
- Click Install Appliance.
- Wait until the NSX Manager node is installed and available.
- Repeat steps 2-5 and deploy NSX Manager 3 with management IP 192.168.10.16 on ESXi host 192.168.10.13.