You can create DHCP servers to service DHCP requests from VMs that are connected to logical switches.
- From your browser, log in to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select DHCP from the navigation panel.
- Click Servers and click Add.
- Enter a name and optional description.
- Enter the IP address of the DHCP server and its subnet mask in CIDR format.
For example, enter
- Required: Select a DHCP profile from the drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Enter common options such as domain name, default gateway, DNS servers, and subnet mask.
- (Optional) Enter classless static route options.
- (Optional) Enter other options.
- Click Save.
- Select the newly created DHCP server.
- Expand the IP Pools section.
- Click Add to add IP ranges, default gateway, lease duration, warning threshold, error threshold, classless static route option, and other options.
- Expand the Static Bindings section.
- Click Add to add static bindings between MAC addresses and IP addresses, default gateway, hostname, lease duration, classless static route option, and other options.
What to do next
Attach a DHCP server to a logical switch. See Attach a DHCP Server to a Logical Switch.