You can create an NSService to specify the characteristics that network matching uses, or to define the type of traffic to block or allow in firewall rules.
- From your browser, log in to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Select Specify a protocol to configure an individual service, or select Group existing services to configure a group of NSServices.
- For an individual service, select a type and a protocol.
The available types are Ether, IP, IGMP, ICMP, ALG, and L4 Port Set
- For a service group, select a type and members for the group.
The available types are Layer 2 and Layer 3 and above.
- Click Save.