Enable logging for an encryption rule to record information about the packets it processes. All sessions matching the rule will be logged.
About this task
Logging is disabled by default. On ESXi hosts, logs are stored in the /var/run/log/dnepktlogs.log file. Depending on the number of rules, a typical encryption rule section might generate large amounts of log information, which can affect performance.
- From your browser, log in to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select Encryption from the navigation panel.
- Click the Rules tab if it is not already selected.
- Click the rule for which you want to enable or disable logging.
- Click the Actions menu and select or .
- Click Save.
- Click Save again to confirm.