You can configure IPFIX profiles for firewalls.
- From your browser, log in to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click the Firewall IPFIX Profiles tab.
- Click Add to add a profile.
Name and Description
Enter a name and optionally a description.
Select a collector from the drop-down list.
Active Flow Export Timeout (Minutes)
The length of time after which a flow will time out, even if more packets associated with the flow are received. Default is 1.
This parameter resolves conflicts where logical ports are covered by multiple IPFIX profiles. The IPFIX exporter will use the profile with the highest priority only. A lower value means a higher priority.
Observation Domain ID
This parameter identifies which observation domain the network flows originated from. The default value is 0, which indicates no specific observation domain.
- Click Applied To to apply the profile to one or more objects.
The types of object are logical ports, logical switches, and NSGroups. If you select an NSGroup, it must contain one or more logical switches or logical ports. If the NSGroup contains only IP sets or MAC sets, it will be ignored.
- Click Save.