You can create an NSService to specify the characteristics that network matching uses, or to define the type of traffic to block or allow in firewall and DNE (distributed network encryption) rules.
- From your browser, log in to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name.
- (Optional) : Enter a description.
- Select Specify a protocol to configure an individual service, or select Group existing services to configure a group of NSServices.
- For an individual service, select a type and a protocol.
The available types are Ether, IP, IGMP, ICMP, ALG, and L4 Port Set
- For a service group, select a type and members for the group.
The available types are Layer 2 and Layer 3 and above.
- Click Save.