Install and configure OVS (Open vSwitch) on the minion nodes.
- Download the installation file for your Linux distribution.
The filenames are openvswitch-common_126.96.36.19983646-1_amd64.deb, openvswitch-datapath-dkms_2.7.0.xxxxxxx-1_all.deb, and openvswitch-switch_2.7.0.xxxxxxx-1_amd64.deb, where xxxxxxx is the build number.
- Install the rpm or deb file downloaded in step 1.
- For Ubuntu, run the following command to reload the OVS kernel module.
service openvswitch-switch force-reload-kmod
- Make sure that OVS is running.
# service openvswitch-switch status
- Create the br-int instance if it is not already created.
# ovs-vsctl add-br br-int
- Add the network interface (node-if) that is attached to the node logical switch to br-int .
# ovs-vsctl add-port br-int <node-if> -- set Interface <node-if> ofport_request=1
Run the following command to see what ofport is, because if ofport 1 is not available, OVS will assign a port that is available.
# ovs-vsctl --columns=ofport list interface <node-if>
If ofport is not 1, set the ovs_uplink_port option in the
nsx_kube_proxysection of the NSX node agent DaemonSet yaml file accordingly.
- Make sure that the br-int and node-if link status is up.
# ip link set br-int up # ip link set <node-if> up
- Update the network configuration file to ensure that the network interface is up after a reboot.
For Ubuntu, update /etc/network/interfaces and add the following lines:
auto <node-if> iface <node-if> inet manual up ip link set <node-if> up
For RHEL, update /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<node-if> and add the following line: