The upgrade sequence updates the Management plane at the end.
About this task
The NSX Manager user interface is accessible for one to two minutes after you initiate upgrade. Then the NSX Manager is no longer accessible about 10 minutes until the upgrade finishes and the Management plane is restarted.
Verify that the NSX Controller cluster is upgraded successfully. See Upgrade NSX Controller Cluster.
- Click Start to upgrade the Management plane.
- Accept the notification.
You can safely ignore any upgrade related errors such as, HTTP service disruption that appear at this time. These errors appear because the Management plane is upgrading.
Wait about 10 minutes until the reboot is complete and the services are reestablished.
- In CLI, log in to the NSX Manager to verify that the services have started.
When the services start, the Service state appears as running. Some of the services include, SSH, install-upgrade, and manager.
- Verify that the product version is updated.
When the services start, the Service state appears as running.
- Click Reload to refresh the Web browser.
- Log in to the newly upgraded NSX Manager.