You can collect support bundles on registered cluster and fabric nodes and download the bundles to your machine or upload them to a file server.
About this task
If you choose to download the bundles to your machine, you get a single archive file consisting of a manifest file and support bundles for each node. If you choose to upload the bundles to a file server, the manifest file and the individual bundles are uploaded to the file server separately.
- From your browser, log in to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
- Select from the navigation panel.
- Click the Support Bundle tab.
- Select the target nodes.
The available types of nodes are management nodes, controller nodes, edges, and hosts.
- (Optional) : Specify log age in days to exclude logs that are older than the specified number of days.
- (Optional) : Toggle the switch that indicates whether to include or exclude core files and audit logs.
Core files and audit logs might contain sensitive information such as passwords or encryption keys.
- (Optional) : Select a check box to upload the bundles to a file server.
- Click Start Bundle Collection to start collecting support bundles.
Depending on how many log files exist, each node might take several minutes.
- Monitor the status of the collection process.
The status field shows the percentage of nodes that completed support bundle collection.
- Click Download to download the bundle if the option to send the bundle to a file server was not set.