Depending on your environment you must manually upgrade the Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 version.
- Show all Linux Standard Base and distribution-specific information.
- Install packages using the apt tool.
sudo apt update
- Fetch the latest packages.
sudo apt-get upgrade
- Handle dependencies such as substituting obsolete packages with new packages.
sudo apt dist-upgrade
- Upgrade to the Ubuntu 16.04 version.
- If you have an existing transport node in your Ubuntu KVM host, backup the /etc/network/interfaces file.