The upgrade bundle must be uploaded to the NSX Manager.
About this task
After you begin the upgrade, you cannot upload another version of the upgrade bundle.
Verify the upgrade coordinator status. See Verify Upgrade Coordinator Status.
- From your browser, log in to an NSX Manager at https://nsx-manager-ip-address.
from the navigation panel and review the pre-upgrade environment.
The existing NSX-T release version and nodes are listed.
- Identify a component such as, hosts.
- Click the number listed under the Count column.
A list of all the configured hosts appear in the dialog box.
- Click Proceed to Upgrade.
- Click Browse to navigate to the location you downloaded the upgrade bundle .mub file.
- Click Upload to transfer the upgrade bundle into the NSX Manager.
The upload process might take 15–20 minutes, depending on your network speed. If the network times out, reload the upgrade bundle.
When the upload process finishes, the Begin Upload button becomes active.
- (Optional) Click Cancel Upload if there is a newer upgrade bundle available and upload the correct .mub file.
You cannot upload another .mub file after the upgrade coordinator is upgraded.
- Click Begin Upload to initiate the upgrade.
- Accept the notification to proceed with the upgrade.
The new upgrade coordinator version such as, Upgrade Coordinator version: 188.8.131.52.0.4128701 appears.
- Identify any errors in the pre-upgrade environment.
If you see warning notification, click the notification to see the warning details. Resolve the warning notification before you proceed with the upgrade to avoid problems during the upgrade.
- Click Next.
The hosts are ready to be upgraded and the planned upgrade sequence appears.