This section describes how to add a host to a cluster prepared for network virtualization.
- Add the host to vCenter Server as a standalone host.
See ESXi and vCenter Server 5.5 Documentation.
- Add the host to the vSphere Distributed Switch mapped to the cluster where you want to add the host.
All hosts in the cluster must be in the vSphere Distributed Switch being leveraged by NSX.
- Place the host into maintenance mode.
- Add the host to the cluster.
Since this is a prepared cluster, the required software is automatically installed on the newly added host.
- Remove the host from maintenance mode.
DRS balances virtual machines onto the host.