After you select the regulations that you want your company data to comply with, NSX can identify files that contain information in violation of these regulations.
Before you begin
You must have the Security Administrator role.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking and Security and then click Data Security.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click Edit and click All to display all available regulations.
- Select the regulations for which you want to detect compliance.
For information on available regulations, see the Data Security Reference guide.
Certain regulations require additional information for NSX Data Security to recognize sensitive data. If you selected a regulation that monitors Group Insurance Numbers, Patient Identification Numbers, Medical Record Numbers, Health Plan Beneficiary Numbers, US Bank Account Numbers, Custom Accounts, or Student identification numbers, specify a regular expression pattern for identifying that data.
- Check the accuracy of the regular expression.
Specifying incorrect regular expressions can slow down the discovery process. For more information on regular expressions, see Creating Regular Expressions.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Publish Changes to apply the policy.