If local egress is enabled when a universal logical router is created, routes are sent to hosts only when the host locale ID matches the locale ID associated with the route. You can change the locale ID on a router, and this updated locale ID will be associated with all routes on this router (static and dynamic). The routes will be sent to hosts and clusters with matching locale IDs.
Before you begin
The universal logical (distributed) router must have been created with local egress enabled.
About this task
See Cross-vCenter NSX Topologies for information on routing configurations for cross-vCenter NSX environments.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click NSX Edges.
- Double-click a universal logical (distributed) router.
- Click the Routing tab, then click Global Configuration.
- Click Edit next to Routing Configuration.
- Type a new Locale ID.
The locale ID must be in UUID format. For example, XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX, where each X is replaced with a base 16 digit (0-F).