You can create, install, and manage self-signed server certificates.
Before you begin
Verify that you have a CA certificate so that you can sign your own certificates.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click NSX Edges.
- Double-click an NSX Edge.
- Click the Manage tab and then ensure that you are in the Settings tab.
- Click Certificates.
- Follow the steps below to generate a CSR.
- Click Actions and select Generate CSR.
- In Common name, type the IP address or fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the NSX Manager.
- Type your organization name and unit.
- Type the locality, street, state, and country of your organization.
- Select the encryption algorithm for communication between the hosts.
Note that SSL VPN-Plus only supports RSA certificates. VMware recommends RSA for backward compatibility.
- Edit the default key size if required.
- Type a description for the certificate.
- Click OK.
The CSR is generated and displayed in the Certificates list.
- Verify that the certificate you generated is selected.
- Click Actions and select Self Sign Certificate.
- Type the number of days the self sign certificate is valid for.
- Click OK.