Connecting a logical switch to an NSX Edge services gateway or an NSX Edge logical router provides East-West traffic routing (among the logical switches) or North-South traffic routing to the external world or to provide advanced services.
- In Logical Switches, select the logical switch to which you want to connect an NSX Edge.
- Click the Connect an Edge () icon.
- Select the NSX Edge to which you want to connect the logical switch and click Next.
- Select the interface that you want to connect to the logical switch and click Next.
A logical network is typically connected to an internal interface.
- On the Edit NSX Edge interface page, type a name for the NSX Edge interface.
- Click Internal or Uplink to indicate whether this is an internal or uplink interface.
- Select the connectivity status of the interface.
- If the NSX Edge to which you are connecting the logical switch has Manual HA Configuration selected, specify two management IP addresses in CIDR format.
- Edit the default MTU if required.
- Click Next.
- Review the NSX Edge connection details and click Finish.